Friday, March 18, 2011

Madilyn Marie

Weight: 7 pounds 13 oz
Length: 20.5"
Date and Time: 3/17/11 @ 0835                                                                                  

Baby's birth story...Madilyn was induced because I hate being pregnant at the end.  I went to the hospital at 7am. I was dialated to 4cm at that time.  Around 8:00 the doctor came in and broke my water and they started the pitocin. I was having moderate contractions, so 15 minutes later the nurse upped my dose. I had two contractions and had a STRONG urge to push.  I warned Mike, and pushed on the next contraction. She came out a push later. Because they didn't have much warning, nothing was set up, and my doctor didn't make it. The resident doctor had just walked into the room, and was able to hold her head using the unwrapped glove packaging. Luckily everything was ok. We did have to stay an extra 10 hours in the hospital because she had lost 1 lb.


                                                                             









8 comments:

Charlotte said...

Love that top picture. So precious. Congrats again. Can't wait to hold her next weekend!

Bryana said...

You guys could always name her Bryana if you're having trouble deciding ;)

Leila said...

Congratulations!!!! I love the first picture too.

Bryana? I don't know, there was this girl I used to know named Bryana...;)

Or you could use one of the girl names we didn't use:
Rebecca, Sarah Jane, Erin Rose...

Good luck, we always have the hardest time picking names.

holly said...

I want to hold her. You'll have to move back!!!!! She looks so cute with the family.

....So when's the next one! Hope she is a great baby and you have a smooth transition. You are amazing Anna!

Heidi said...

WOW she is perfect. Congrats. Name???? How about Patty for Sant. Patty's Day. love you Heidi Morgan and Ashlyn

holly said...

Holy cow! What a fast labor. Mine was like that with Carson. After they broke my water I went from a 3 to a 10 and a baby on my chest in 10 minutes! You're amazing Anna. Madilyn is such a sweet name. I love it. Hope she is a good one and likes to sleep a lot!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ones again! Great pictures! She looks adorable. I did not check your blog for the last two months – it looks like you have been busy.
Maria (still in FL- ready to get out :)).

Erin said...

Congrats again, Anna! She is so pretty! I can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows up. A little girl Hawkins... it's hard to imagine, so you'll need to post lots of pictures. :)