Saturday, May 28, 2011

Just some odds and ends


Since moving here, we don't take as many pictures of the kids...I'll have to do something about that. These were taken on Mother's Day.

Friday we took the kids swimming at the YMCA. It was too cold outside to do anything, unfortunately the pool was also too cold for the littler kids to swim in too.  Poor Merek started the turn purple and couldn't stop shivering. We had to dip him in the hot tub to warm him up, and then get him dressed. So much for swimming. I can't wait for the warm weather to visit this area.  I need to take my kids outside more, I'm sick of being inside.

Merek also used the potty for the first time the other day. He has been taking off his diaper and sitting on the potty a lot, but for the first time, he actually used it. He was so excited.

3 comments:

holly said...

Yeah Merek! It'll be nice to have only one in diapers. After 5 years we are now, as of a few months ago, a diaper free household for good! It's so hot here. It's hard to believe it is still cold other places. Have your boys ever done those free lowes workshops? My kids love them, even carson. Lowes even provides all the materials for it. If you have a lowes close by I suggest going. I think it says for school age but they will let all of them do it. I wish you still lived close by. Sure just isn't quite as much fun with everyone gone!

Brenda in DC said...

What intense eyes your baby girl has. And Merik is really enjoying those baby kittens. Only two more months until I get to see your chillens again.

Anonymous said...

Madilyn's pic is now the wallpaper on my work computer. How cute!!!