Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Impromptu Camping Trip

We realized that we hadn't gone camping yet this summer, so we pulled the kids from school and went on an impromptu camping trip. We had a lot of fun.

 Mike putting up the tent, in rock hard dirt.

 Starting the camp fire.

 Camping with 5 kids is a LOT of work. Even if it is just overnight. The packing, freezing and hungry kids keep mom and dad busy. Trying to get everyone to settle down and go to bed, and then keeping them in their sleeping bags, because it is freezing outside. Madi woke up in the middle of the night, just as happy as can be. For hours I worked at keeping her happy and inside  her sleeping bag, and quiet enough not to wake everyone else.  Just when I thought I had her asleep, she would pop her head up again. I was so happy when the sun started to rise and mike got up, and took her out of the tent. When everyone got up and had some breakfast we got in the car and headed to a nearby hot spring.

  Madi had no problem jumping right in.

 It was cold outside. Probably about 43 degrees when we got there.

 Hot Spring water slide.


 Hot Springs shower.

This is a cooler pool by the river.

2 comments:

Leila said...

The hot springs look awesome, but you reminded me again why I don't like to go camping. :)

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to see Rylan right there when the fire needed to be started. Just kidding! Rylan started to fire to burn the limbs and brush at my place before we could say GO. Mike and I turned around and say Rylan backing out of the inside of the pile of brush and the fire was a-going.