Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blueberries

The boys have been bugging me to take them blueberry picking for months, and I have been putting them off telling them that we had to wait until they were ripe to pick them. Well, they are finally ripe so we packed up and drove to Mims. We met 3 of our friends and between the 4 adults there were 14 kids. We got some looks, but had a great time. I kept Merek in the front pack to keep tabs on him, but he was killing my back, so I let him down. He was having a great time. He picked, ate, ate mulch, stuck his finger down ant holes and wandered where ever he wanted. To say the least he quickly went back into the front pack and I endured the pain. We picked 12 lbs of berries. Tyler was on patrol for any berry that went into the bucket that wasn't ripe. He scolded me many times for picking green berries. Corbin disappreared with his friends. Rylan picked half a mini bucket and sat down and played in them. I really love picking blueberries. Especially with good friends. I might be able to attach pictures sometime...

3 comments:

BrianG said...

I can't wait until the blueberries ripen up here!
Leila

holly said...

Sorry, I will get the pictures to you. I am always amazed at you Anna, you never let being by yourself with four boys stop you! When I see you at church with your four boys by yourself I can't help but think what a strong woman you are and what a great testimony it is for your boys, and me, that you come each week without fail. Thanks Anna for being such a great example of a mother to me.

Anonymous said...

What a nice compliment from Holly. You are a pioneer woman, Anna!