Friday, July 30, 2010

Merek Swim Test

Warning: This may be hard to watch.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxrmikPqU84

To view you'll have to copy and paste the link to your browser. This blog does not like me, and won't link it.

Just a little background information...I enrolled the kids in an infant lifesaving swim program, where they teach them basic life saving skills. They start with teaching them to swim face first in the water to the wall and pull them selves out of the water. THen they teach them to float on their backs. And then they teach them to swim and then rotate to their backs to breathe and then to rotate back to their front to continue swimming. The final test is to show that they can save themselves if they fall in the water.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow Anna! That's so nuts! I forget that Jonah is older than Merek and no way would Jonah know how to do all that. It's amazing. Go Merek! Hope he never needs the skills though...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning! It didn't stop me from watching it though. Truly amazing. Merek is a real trooper and so is his mom.
I lost my appetite.