Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Broken Arm


In case you haven't heard, Madilyn broke her arm on Monday. She fell off of the couch. It's not the first time she has fallen off the couch, but she was really upset about it. After she calmed down I noticed she wouldn't move her arm. It hung limply at her side. She would let me move it without complaint, but she wasn't going to move it. After a few minutes she began moving it, and even picking things up with it. I figured she must have just hurt it, and it was alright??? I kept watching her. I saw that when she fell, she would only put her weight on the right arm to stand up again. I knew something more was wrong, so on Tuesday morning I took her in for x-rays. The doctor was surprised that she was using it like she was. We made an appointment to see the peds ortho for Friday morning. I don't know if she will get a cast or not, but I will post pics if she does...

No comments: