Monday, March 19, 2012

First Birthday


She is one. I can't believe it has already been a year. We had so much fun for her birthday. A leprechan visited us and colored our milk green, spilled our cereal, a hid some gold coins. The kids really didn't seem to notice that anything was out of the ordinary. 

We had some friends and family over for her party, and we ate corned beef and cabbage, and rainbow cupcakes. One of her presents was a doll that can go in the bathtub. After the party, I gave the boys a bath, and of course the doll went with them.

Now a thought about Madilyn. I can't express how much I love having her as part of our family. I feel so grateful. I had contemplated stopping after having Merek, and I am so glad that I didn't. Her smile brightens my day everyday. Since she now feels comfortable walking, I have noticed that she is really working on her language skills. I have suspected for a while that she was calling my name, but I wasn't sure if it was that or just a noise that she made while following me. Now I am sure, she calls me Anna. She has also started calling Mike Daddy. We are going to have to work on having her say Mommy. I am excited to start hearing other words. Also, she now has one tooth. I am sure that the others will come soon.




1 comment:

Brenda in DC said...

Each one is unique. It is so fun to watch and see them develop their own little self. Thanks for the birthday pictures.